Skip to main content

Dancing Sisters

So this week was probably the craziest day of my life! (I say this knowing that next week will probably top it) Just to give you an idea I had Picture Week in all my Higher Ground morning ballet/tap, and baby classes.... yes that's right- all 3 classes together -17 to be exact. We had rehearsal on stage in Globe Tues and Thurs. Then Friday after not getting into my bed from the madness of Thurs til after 1am, it was get a house and then drive back to Globe day!!! (But I did get to drive the boss's Tahoe which is also a bonus!) Friday my Globe girls performed at the Relay for Life and did great... but it was SO SO SO HOT! You can check out the sunburn on my legs for proof. I spent the night in Globe then we had our 2 shows today which was followed by running to my car and hurrying back to the valley... or so I thought. There was some sorta acciedent which shut off power in like half the city and I couldn't get gas since the pumps are electronic. So I had to do some crazy fast (but safe Mom) driving to get the Chandler show. I pulled up at 5 til and just made the curtain call!

Yes..... I am as tired as you think! lol

So the brunt of all of this is that tonight my sister has their recital in Safford. And I had to miss it! I almost turned around after the first gas station... I thought "wow, this would be the perfect excuse to miss my show!" But then I thought of my little dancers and just coudn't do it.So to my beautiful sisters I'd like to say.... Sorry for missing your show. I know that you did great. You are both such amazing dancers and I am so proud of you! This is Krysta's last show, which made it even harder for me to miss. I've been there... I know that feeling sis, when the curtain closes and you realize that this is the last time you will be on that stage. Its strange. I so wanted to be there to give you the biggest hug ever. But then again, you're not really a baby about that kinda stuff like I am, so I hope you got a chance to stare out at the empty seats and feel great about what's to come! I hope your little dancers did great. I'm sure they did with a teacher like you!!! I hope you had a chance to give them all a big hug and take in that special love that they have for you!

Shay- WOW! I hear such wonderful things about you. You are so talented and I just can't believe how grown up you are! I remember your first recital in company... you kept coming into the choir room to sit with me and Krysta. I used to think it was because you were nervous, but as you've gotten older I know that its just because that's where you belong! I know it sounds so corney but I can't imagine not having you around- especially when I think of dance! You are becoming a great dancer and teacher and I can't wait for the many shows ahead!

I know that it probably sounds really lame or fake to those of you who dont know my sisters, but who know me well, but they are the best!!!! I think they are probably the opposite of me in all the best ways and I'm always trying to be more like them! They are caring and sweet and quiet in a way that's not even possible for me. They can dance with the best of em, and they are truly special to me and to their studio family. I wish I could've been there tonight, but I know that you girls will still love me! Thanks for being who you are!!!!

Comments

Janae said…
Whit- You are too sweet for that tribute to them! They did great, of course, but I know you were sad not to see them. Krysta did great as ALWAYS and got beautiful flowers from Jenny. And Shay amazes me more and more every recital. She is growing as a dancer and as a young woman! But both of them would not be the dancers they are without their talented big (little) sister that has taught them and been their example over the years! You are a great dancer and an even better teacher to all your students, especially your sisters!

Popular posts from this blog

Reef

We have already filled and had to empty the memory cards on both our camera because we are obsessed with Reef! These pictures are all from our very long stay in the hospital. So, here's the scoop on Reef's entrance into the world. After experiancing major pain in my lower back and hips for about 2 days straight, we finally decided to go to the hospital Monday Dec 21st around 11pm. We were taken to triage to be examed. At this point I was at about 3cm! I was thrilled to know that I had made some progress. We spent the next hour walking around and made it to a 4. We were of course excited because even though I was already having extreme back pain, we were making progress. We were then admitted and decided to try to get some sleep. Tuesday morning arrived and Mama Aje was on her way. She gave me strict instructions to keep the baby in until she got there...boy would I regret agreeing to this! With the routine check ups through the night, we were getting disappointed becasuse I was

35 Weeks

I am 35 weeks today. Here is a picture from last week and today.... my belly sure is getting big!

Belly Shots by Erin Householder

I was able to do a maternity photo shoot with Erin while I was in town for my baby shower. I was so much fun. She is a fabulous photographer and I can't wait to use her more in the future. These are just a few of my favorites... they all turned out so good! Enjoy!!!